Long Term Instructor Development Programme
There are 2 places left for April 2019 start and another 2 for September 2019. Price £5280.
A discount is available if you book on as a pair with a mate or partner.
Please email or call as you can start whenever you like.
Fancy a career as an Outdoor Instructor? Read On
There are many courses around that offer to turn you into an outdoor instructor in 3 months and for about £9000. Here at Wet and High Adventures we do it differently. You can work through our scheme whilst holding down a full time job and it is only £5280. (Monthly Payments accepted with no interest)
We offer a two year scheme of 24 days a year (usually taken as 1 weekend a month but it really is up to you). You then just need to get out and about to gather even more experience.
Our aim in the first year is to expose you to a number of Outdoor Pursuits so you can see which activities you wish to pursue further. In the second year we will mentor you through any Instructor Qualifications you wish to take.
We try to run these days as consecutive days as this gives us the most time and usually they are weekends (but this can be down to you). You will have email and phone access to one mentor throughout the scheme but see at least 3 different instructors in the first 12 months.
Sample Programme (but you do not need to start in April)
- April - Discuss the scheme , 1½ days Moorland Walking & Navigation (Devon)
- May - 2 Days Rock Climbing - Single Pitch (Somerset/Devon)
- June - 2 Days Mountain Walking & Navigation (North Wales)
- July - 2 Days Scrambling/Mountaineering (North Wales)
- Aug - 2 Days Climbing - Learn to lead (Wales, Peak or Devon)
- Sep - 2 Days Multipitch Climbing (Wales, Peak or Devon)
- Oct - 2 Days Paddlesport - Kayak/Open Canoe (Somerset)
- Nov - 2 Days White Water Paddling (Somerset/Devon)
- Dec - 2 Days Trail Riding/Mountain Biking (Somerset or South Wales)
- Jan - 2 Days Winter Walking (Scotland)
- Feb - 2 Days Winter Mountaineering (Scotland)
- Mar - 2 Days Winter Climbing (Scotland)
In the second year you can pick 24 days from the below. Although at this stage you may have no idea which awards you wish to pursue, part of the mentoring process is to guide you towards the awards that most suit you and your plans.
- Mountain Training Rock Climbing Instructor Training (3 Days)
- Mountain Training Rock Climbing Instructor Assessment (2 Days)
- Mountain Training Hill and Moorland Leader Training (3 Days)
- Mountain Training Hill and Moorland Leader Assessment (3 Days)
- Mountain Training Mountain Leader Training (6 Days)
- Mountain Training Mountain Leader Assessment (5 Days)
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue (1 Day)
- British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor (4 Days)
- British Cycling Mountain Bike Level 2 Training (2 Days)
- British Cycling Mountain Bike Level 2 Assessment (1 Day)
- Royal Lifesaving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (5 Days)
- Royal Lifesaving Society National Beach Lifeguard Qualification (5 Days)
- Royal Lifesaving Society First Aid at Work (3 Days)
We don't run all the above courses but our partners do and we will find you a mutually convenient venue and date.
Sound good? Contact us to register your interest
The fee covers instruction and use of equipment only. Accomodation, NGB registration fees and travel will be extra.